Administrative Assistant, Office of the Global CEO (262928)
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team and provide day-to-day support to the Office of the CEO at Penguin Random House. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Manager of the Executive Office & Global Projects and will work very closely with the Global CEO. This position offers excellent insight into the overall world of publishing. The role of Administrative Assistant is ideal for someone who is extremely organized, process-oriented and excels in communicating and working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of global and US colleagues across all departments.
- Provide general administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the CEO office
- Support in calendar management and scheduling for multiple executives
- Arrange domestic and international travel: create detailed travel itineraries
- Expenses: collect expense receipts, prepare, submit, and monitor expense reports via Concur in a timely manner for assigned executives
- Draft communications for distribution
- Manage office material (monitoring existing supplies, ordering, and receiving)
- Manage book displays: coordinate title selection and book ordering for book displays in a variety of locations
- Support in planning and coordinating meetings and special events, both internally and externally (room setup, catering orders, IT coordination)
- Support with special projects as needed
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior office experience; a minimum of two years of related experience
- Excellent time management skills, and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Quick learner, and able to take direction easily.
- Exceptional communication & writing skills; both verbal & written are essential
- Professional and friendly manner on the phone, over email, and via other written correspondence is a must
- Able to work well under pressure and handle multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Demonstrates a creative, innovative, and resourceful approach to problem-solving; able to take direction easily and
*This is a NY-based in-office position (with selective remote work) to perform essential in-office duties including but not limited to: greeting visitors, organizing in-person meeting materials, and receiving books and displaying them throughout the PRH building.
The salary range for this position is $48,000-$65,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.<http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/>
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 262928