When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
Warner Bros. is continuing to expand and evolve the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with our Flagship Wizarding World store, in New York City. This store brings to life the magic of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts for all Fans and Super Fans of the franchise. Flagship Retail delivers incredible product, service and environments in spaces that truly celebrate the Wizarding World.
We are seeking Sales Associates, Personalization for the Flagship Retail NY location. This position will support the leadership hierarchy of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. One of the main responsibilities for this role will be to actively engage customers to the personalization department and complete orders to an exceptional standard.
Part-Time availability should fall within one of the below options:
- A minimum of 3 full days available, including one weekend day, with the ability to work from 7am-11pm
- 5 evenings or mornings available including one weekend day
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Consistently demonstrates a positive and seamless guest experience.
- Assist customers with personalization purchases, ensuring steps of intake process are accurately completed.
- Responsible for cascading customer feedback to correct channels of communication.
- Accurately completes personalization orders, ensuring a high level of attention to detail.
- Register and cash handling duties include ensuring that all transactions are complete and accurate.
- Equipment operation: Heat Press, Embroidery, Metal Engraving, Embossing, and Laser Engraving
- Follows, teaches, and exhibits all safety and compliance protocols
- Performs all other duties as instructed
- Follows the steps of sales in each customer engagement
- Responsible in attaining delegated daily, monthly, or quarterly sales goals.
- Responsible for accurate logging of customer order information to customer order log.
- Maintain store appearance to ensure that it is neat, orderly, and well stocked to meet the Company’s visual merchandising standards.
- Teaches and lives stores culture with each associate
- Collaborates with the team to follow company values
- Follows and impacts store set priorities and brand standards
Qualifications & Experience…
- Minimum 6 months experience working at a premium retail flagship store
- Experience in personalization, costuming, metal engraving, laser engraving, heat press and dewing machines beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of Harry Potter series and background
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, non-verbal, visual) with the ability to communicate effectively in public to both small and large groups.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with focus on basic numerical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with good initiative
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the operating needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of c...