Established in 1987, Docks Oyster Bar specializes in bringing the freshest seafood to Manhattan. Located in the heart of midtown, the expansive bar and tables lining the windows of 3rd Avenue and 40th Street further creates a timeless New York atmosphere. We pride ourselves on our well prepared food, outstanding service, great wine list, and unforgettable ambience to keep guests coming back time and time again.
Bartenders are responsible for all aspects of the guest experience at the bar, including greetings, menu sales, bar maintenance, overall guest satisfaction and happiness, maintaining a general command of the food and beverage menu.
You will work to prepare and serve consistently excellent beverages to guests either directly at the bar or through serving staff; provide impeccable hospitality to each of our clients, working specifically with each individual need to curate the best experience possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing friendly attentive service that makes guests feel well taken care of and inspires their intent to return.
- All actions must be taken with the guest’s best interest in mind so as to establish rapport, build business, and acquire guest loyalty.
- Offering assistance and accommodating guest requests whenever possible.
- Offering a warm farewell and thank you to every guest as they leave the restaurant.
- Immediately notifying management of any guest complaints, including any interactions with a guest that lead you to believe that the guest is not 100% happy with their visit.
- Sell wine and beverages through proactive offering and product knowledge.
- Explain specials and menu items enthusiastically through thorough product knowledge.
- Learn menu, POS, policies, and procedures and be able to execute accurately.
- Strong bartending and mixology operational skill. Recipe adherence.
- Barista skill for specialty coffees.
- Set up, shift maintenance, and breakdown of bar and service areas.
- Commitment to learning and executing all organization service standards; five behaviors, hospitality versus service, and steps of service.
- Accurate cash handling.
- A minimum 3+ years of bartender experience in a well-rated restaurant.
- Excellent communication skills with guests, team members, and management.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize while remaining calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Department of Health hygiene and safety rules.
- TIPS certification preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule per the needs of the business
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Commitment to maintaining availability that aligns with needs of the business
Docks Oyster Bar
Located in the heart of Midtown East. Docks Oyster Bar boasts a menu rich with fresh fish and thoughtfully executed dishes.